Tuesday 18 March 2008

Mr Z - Season Finale

I have been gone for so long... work, my personal life and all has just been crazy.

The turn of events actually made me forget my obligation to you guys... i apologise.

A lot of things have happened in the past 4 months...

A few weeks after my last post, Mr Z came to visit me and after a very funny and fun filled evening, he brought out a "bling" and proposed! ... on his knees... i was both stunned... (more like flabawhelmed and overghasted) Isnt the natural order supposed to be "dating, then courtship?

I had never heard it this way before oh (and trust me, i know many ways). I just kept staring at him... tears welling in my eyes (isnt this what i always wanted?) i was both happy and scared at the same time.
How long have you been planning this i asked ...?

six months he said- his eyes, shiny and hopeful... and as i looked into them, i knew this were the only pair of eyes i wanted to keep staring at.... for forever

It took me another two weeks to start wearing the ring... the next couple of weeks felt so unreal. I was the happiest person alive. There were so many people to tell and explain to( how do u explain that you are single one minute and then jump several hurdles right to engaged?)


Being the melancholic that i am, i worried and fretted about the course the relationship took.
Even though we had been tight over the four years i had known him i still i worried that it was too fast, even though i have been praying about it for months subsequent to that- i still worried... but Its been three months now. I feel happy, glad and grateful to God. I am now glad i didnt give in to my worry and fear

I feel blessed because while i tossed turned and worried - the one who knew tomorrow had things under control.

We will get married in a peaceful quiet ceremony in August.

I have found my place... I am home!

9 comments:

Thirty + said...

Babes I am so flipping happy for you. Bless your union.

And this is my first time on your blog. There I was reading the previous entry and thinking eh ya why can't they just hook up and live happily ever after, why does it have to be difficult blah blah blah.

And here you are getting married, I am encouraged. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm
TO say I am shocked would be an understatement but I am happy for you. You've made a decision that's irreversible. I pray that the lord will order your steps

Aijay said...

Wow!! My thots! I definitely didn't see that coming.
Congrats babes! I'm so happy for u.
Send me an invite o. lol.
I wish u guys the best!
Take care luv!

Jennifer A. said...

Awwwww....it doesn't matter, the twist of ur relationship. All that matters is whether u want to spend the rest of ur life staring at his eyes when u wake up in the morning. If ur answer is YES, then u're good to go...lollll...

Congratulations!!!!! :)

Jennifer A. said...

I just read the previous post to this...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....u didn't know it would turn out this way...this is so like.......beau-tiFUL!!!!! Lol.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

yay! Congrats on your engagement! Show us a pic or something!

God bless!


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Still no pic? Oh well, congrats again!

Aijay said...

Update plssssssssssssssss

Allied said...

please update oh.. i know u are planning or the wedding..